11.5.14

90s Film Fashion

So, in case you haven't heard, the 90s are back. I grew up with 90s films, from Mrs Doubtfire and Drop Dead Fred to Honey I Shrunk the Kids! and Spiceworld and can always rely on them to make me smile.
What better way to celebrate the 90s revival than a celebration of the most stylish films from the decade. On second thoughts, perhaps not the most stylish-but they will always hold a special place in my heart!




#1 Clueless (obvs). This film was somewhat of an obsession for me in the 90s. With the resurgence of tartan, skirt/short suits and faux fur, Clueless (and especially Cher) is cited as an inspiration for many a current high street collection. Although Cher's style is banging, I'm also partial to Dionne's, particularly her penchant for a crop top and full mini skirt combo. Amber should also not be overlooked. Look at her brilliant nautical hat and blazer combo, complete with dollar sign. How 2014! 


#2 Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. I bloody love this film, it's just so weird. To quote Lisa Luder 'They have nice lines. A fun, frisky use of color. All and all, I'd have to say they're really... NOT BAD!' (If you don't understand this then you must watch the film now). I'm loving their metallic dresses, matchy matchy accessories and crop tops. Not to mention their excellent 90s blow drys


#3. Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead. Such an underrated film, both plotwise and fashion wise! Released in 1991, the style in this film is more of a 80s/90s mash up. The accessorizing in this film makes me too happy. The earrings! The lizard brooches! I really wanted to be Swell when I was younger, she was the coolest-if only it was that easy to land a job in fashion. I spent many an hour trying to recreate her multiple hairband ponytail in the top right pic. 

Do you agree with my choices? If you haven't seen any of the above films, I strongly suggest watching them ASAP. 

Faye x

1 comment:

  1. I loved Clueless and Honey I Shrunk the Kids! 90s films are the best. <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS