16.4.14

Inspiration #2- Coachella 2014 Street Style

These are my fave looks from Coachella. As festivals and 'festival fashion' (that phrase makes me be a bit sick in my mouth) have grown increasingly popular, there seems to be a 'uniform' that most people tend to wear. This is re-enforced by magazines and especially fashion e-newsletters around this time (Get the festival look etc.). These mainly consist of denim shorts, a cropped top/graphic t-shirt, floral headband and ankle boots or wellies. I'm not saying this can't be a nifty festival look, done well. I mean denim shorts are practical and comfortable- I've worn them myself many a time, and indeed some of the ladies below are sporting a similar look.

 However I've mainly tried to pick outfits that are less formulaic. The plus side for the people below is that I highly doubt they've had to make their way back to a campsite in pitch black, whilst hurricane-style winds whip red sand directly into their eyes and a pole collapses an inch away from their tent. Yes that happened to me. #Benicassim2009

































All pics from ElleThe CutGraziaRefinery29CompanyHarper's BazaarStyleNever Underdressed and Nylon.

Faye x

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS