22.12.13

My Favourite Festive/Winter Nail Polishes 2013





We're well into Winter now, Christmas is just around the corner and so what better time to share my favourite wintery nail polish shades. These are the ones I tend to reach for again and again as it gets colder-needless to say there are a few metallic/glittery ones, although the colour palette is not particularly on the dark side. As much as I like wearing blacks/dark reds/navys in the winter, they are a pretty obvious choice so I thought I'd show you some alternatives. Sadly some of these are now discontinued but I've found some dupes if you want to purchase yourself a similar shade.




1. Nails Inc Elizabeth Street is a lovely nude-y pink shade. I love this colour as it is so buildable- with 2 coats it looks sheer and pretty, and with 3 shades it looks more opaque and so chic! It also looks super festive with a silver glitter layered over the top.

2. Nars Night Porter was a gift from my boyf's sister for my birthday one year. Before I had this polish I used to HATE shimmery polishes, I thought they were naff and dated. This completely changed my mind because it looks so beautiful on. It is expensive but for once I feel like the price is almost justified, I've tried high end polishes in the past and been disappointed, but Night Porter goes on like a dream, you can get away with just one coat, and it does last if used with a top coat. (Please excuse the horrible top- it had nail polish on so I tried to remove it with remover and this happened!)

3. Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle I got in a glossy box 2 years ago-it is the perfect festive shade and it looks especially amazing on toes when wearing party shoes! Top Tip- you have to use a fairly glossy top coat with this nail polish as it dries kinda matte which is a little weird.

4. Avon Vintage Blue is a polish which I believe has been discontinued, however Essie has a great dupe here. It's a cool icy blue shade which always makes me think of winter and ice skating.

5. Topshop Moonbeam is unfortunately no longer available either- I think it was limited edition. It was more difficult to find a dupe of this one, it's like a mix between this from Barry M and this from Butter London. It's a shame it's discontinued as it's such a pretty metallic heather grey colour that goes on really smoothly. Maybe it will pop up on eBay.

Which are your favourite colours for winter/Christmas?

Faye x

5 comments:

  1. love love love the deborah lippmann one, my go to colour!!

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's such a beautiful colour for winter isn't it? x

      Delete
  2. these colours are beyond gorgeous!! The topshop one is amazing.
    love your blog:)

    Laura

    ediestrustfund.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I just had a look at your blog, your photos are so pretty :) followed x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS